Author Stacey Rourke

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

IT'S MY BOOK I CAN HACK IT TO PIECES IF I WANT TO

Ya know those three chapters I shared with you all on here? Only one of them, the prologue, is actually still in my book. The agent that requested sample chapters pointed out that it was taking way too long to get to the action and I completely agree. Therefore I am going through the entire thing with a fine tooth comb and taking out anything that isn't crucial to moving the story line along. Aren't you guys lucky that you were privy to the deleted scenes? An elite group, my blog!

The literary agent requested I resubmit after further editing, which shows she is still interested. To be honest 97,000 words for a young adult novel is a bit hefty anyway. My delete key and I will take care of that!

Tomorrow I am picking up my artwork, so stay tuned for a sneak preview of that!! Cannot wait to see what the brilliant Mrs. Strange has concocted! I will posted it here...just as soon as I figure out how to do that. Copying and pasting proved challenging so I can imagine what should be a simple task will result in a migraine.

Until tomorrow friends!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great progress is happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to remember someone else saying that. I could be mistaken. lol. Glad you are getting some positive feedback though. That is great. Dont hack it up to much. It is truly a work of art.

    ReplyDelete